Receptionist cum Admin Assistant for Platforms for Dialogue (P4D)
The British Council is the United Kingdom’s international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 110 countries. Our purpose is to create international opportunities for the people of the UK and other countries and build trust between them worldwide.
The British Council is implementing Platforms for Dialogue (P4D), a project agreed between the Government of Bangladesh and the European Union. Details are at:
P4D supports implementation of the government’s 7th Five Plan – ‘Accelerating Growth, Empowering Citizens’, which aims to accelerate economic and social progress nationally. By 2021, Bangladesh aims to become a middle-income country, rooted in democratic and pluralistic institutions, where citizens enjoy fundamental rights and freedoms and public accountability built on transparency and participation. The government recognises that achieving this goal requires working in partnership with a wide spectrum of development institutions, the private sector, Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and the people themselves.
P4D is the European Union’s contribution to support this goal by strengthening the capacity of the civil service and civil society.
The project works with a number of government departments and with civil society, initially at the local level, to create constructive engagement on policy development and progress monitoring. This is in accordance with government policies set out in the National Integrity Strategy, the Right to Information Act, Citizens’ Charters and the Grievance Redress System. P4D will work in selected pilot Districts.
P4D focuses on three key results areas:
- Result Area 1: CSOs’ ability to influence government policy and practice raised through better accountability to and more effective representation of citizens’ interests
- Result Area 2: Accountability and responsiveness of government officials raised through enhanced capacity building of decision makers and engagement with CSOs
- Result Area 3: New tools and policy platforms developed and utilised for more effective dialogue between citizens and government
Purpose of the job:
- To provide general administration and clerical support, including front desk management, petty cash management, monitor visitors, bookings, receive and sort mail and deliveries etc.
British Council invites applications for the position of Receptionist cum Admin Assistant for Platforms for Dialogue project.
Number of vacancies: 01
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Provide general administration and clerical support
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Receive and short mail and deliveries
- Schedule appointments
- Be responsible for P4D petty cash holder
- Schedule appointments
- Prepare correspondence and documents
- Organize conference and meeting room bookings
- Organize and verify vendors and P4D field staff invoices are submitted per PO, BC policy and agreement
- Maintain appoint dairy either manually or electronically
- Coordinate meetings and organize caterings
- Monitor and maintain office equipment
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules and regulation.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed
- Perform other duties assigned by the Line Manager
And is required to have the following skills and experience:
- Graduate in any area
- At least 2-3 years’ experience of working in front desk of a challenging administration and facilities environment.
- Experience of general administration and clerical support.
- Experience of handling petty cash for day to day office expenses.
Location and Duration
Receptionist cum Admin Assistant will be based in Dhaka for the duration of the contract. The expected start date for the assignment is 1 July 2018 and it will end in January 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and called for interview. We will only shortlist applications submitted their CVs and covering letter electronically. No hard copies of the application will be accepted.
To apply, please send the detailed professional CV with a covering letter to the following email address email@example.com & Shariful.Haque@bd.britishcouncil.org Please mark in the subject line “application for the Receptionist cum Admin Assistant for P4D”
Closing date: 16 June 2018
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”